The last few balmy days in November should be used for:
1. raking Ent leaves (shown below: #342,974)
2. sanding the front door frame now that Spouse has stripped it
3. removing the last paint from the stained-glass window lights
4. repainting the entire front downstairs hallway in time for the holidays to amaze the guests with the transformation
5. going to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden to see how their Ents are doing.
So, guess what we did.
The sun starts to sink behind Flatbush Avenue about 4 p.m.; the entire garden was suffused with mystery and melancholy, gilded way up high and shadowy dark below.
All the sun was stuck in the chestnut trees.
These ducks were tucking in. It must be lovely to fall asleep among water-lilies.
So, another post for the Houseblogging network that is not about houseblogging, and another day without tooltime. But the Child is 12 now, and I do not know how much longer she will relish the chance to sit underneath our favorite willow and read me the latest chapter in the adventure saga she is writing. Carpe duckie.